It’s spring time which means that it won’t be long before we start seeing mosquitoes out and about. As we mentioned before, once the weather warms those mosquito eggs that have been laying dormant in the soil all winter will begin hatching. And, since we know that mosquitoes can transmit a variety of unpleasant diseases, preventing them from coming into your home and residing in your yard is imperative.
Follow these steps to protect yourself and your family against being bitten this spring and summer:
1. Make sure your window and door screens are free of tears and holes and are securely attached.
2. Whenever possible, use air conditioning rather than opening windows.
3. Mosquitoes lay eggs in still water. Remove any standing water in or around your yard that may have collected during the winter.
4. Remove leaves from gutters and spouts and check them frequently.
5. Tightly cover up water storage containers or barrels that are kept outdoors.
6. When spending extended periods of time outdoors, consider wearing long sleeves, pants, and socks.
7. Use an insect repellent during peak mosquito biting times.
8. Cover your stroller when taking walks with little ones.
9. Finally, contact a professional to protect your yard against mosquitoes. Contact Mosquito Busters at 877-628-7837 for a quick quote!